Wednesday, November 14, 2007

OOPS ! Posted this page on Photo ATC's by Mistake

I've been a long time completing these, although they don't actually take too long to make. It's just that I've been working on a couple of other more full size pictures which will appear on my regular blog, Flamblog.blogspot.com

This first card needs a word of explanation. David Hockney has produced a book of paintings called "Hand, Eye , Heart' . They are his impressions of the Wolds and East Yorkshire; his point being I think, that the light in that area of Britain is quite unique. Since I come from East Yorkshire originally, I am fascinated by these paintings. Since I am not what I would call a 'real'
artist, almost all of my full size paintings are copied from original paintings or photographs. To do this helps me learn how to produce certain effects.

In this one (below) I liked Hockney's bare trees, so I took a small part of one of his paintings and copied it, but not exactly, as the background fields are not the same as in his painting. I don't know if this would be called plagiarism, if so I apologize and will remove it. On the other hand, I believe that plagiarism is copying someone else's work and claiming it to be your own. I did this one because I really like the familiar scene. The book, unfortunately, I think is no longer in print. But if you like Hockney's work, try getting it from the library.

























A Bit of Hockney



























Victorian Lady


























Harmony in Red

























Blue Heron


No comments: